Monday, December 15, 2014

Hidden Gems - December 2014

https://www.facebook.com/Blacklockbeauty
Our very first Hidden Gem is Courtney of BlacklockBeauty. If you have been watching me for awhile you’ll know that Courtney is the reason I started watching Youtube way back like five years ago. I wanted to learn how to curl my hair with a curling iron and I came across her video. Five years later I am glad to be able to call her a friend. She has great content and I think there is something for everyone on her channel and blog.


Now let’s let Courtney tell us about herself.

1. When did you start your Youtube channel?

I started my Channel back in 2009 and then I took a long break where I did videos off and on eventually stopping, I'm not sure why, I think it was a few things, negative comments, losing control of my weight, figuring out who I was. I just got back into it the beginning of this year.

2. Why did you start making videos?

I started making videos because my dude, now husband suggested that I make my own channel. When I did it just took off, but that was before I took a long break, now it's coming back, but very slowly now that I'm much different on camera.

3. What is the main focus of your channel?

Mainly Beauty, but I do diet and recipe videos as well as fashion occasionally.

4. What or who inspires you and why?

I don't have one person in particular, I would say the youtubers that have consistently made videos despite negative feedback and have made their channel grow.

5. What would you like people to know about you?

This one is hard to answer. I would like people to know of only great things about me, but I also would like them to come to their own conclusion.

6. What has helped your channel grow the most?

I did a lot of Google advertising and a lot of pinterest posts. What I noticed is that the photos make a big difference, an eye catching photo sells. Photos and video quality.



Where you can find Courtney




No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Images by Freepik