Monday, May 4, 2015

May Hidden Gem: TheBelleAdventures

This month's Hidden Gem is Zerina of TheBelleAdventures. I met Zerina through a Facebook group and love her content. Her videos have a style of their own and are fun to watch.
 
 
 
 
When did you start your Youtube channel and why?

I started uploading videos to my channel the first week of November 2013. I've always wanted to make beauty videos ever since I discovered the beauty community on YouTube around 2008. It was just something I didn't have time or equipment for until I finished college and found myself with so much free time on my hands. I figured I'd finally take the leap and start my YouTube journey. 
 
What is the main focus of your channel?

I mostly do makeup tutorials because those are the videos I enjoy watching the most. I'm in no way a professional, but I've realized having a channel is such a great way to track your skill growth, and I believe I've come a long way since I began recording. Other than that, I enjoy filming DIY videos as well. I haven't had a chance to do as many fashion videos as I would like, but hopefully that will change with the warmer weather. I've been thinking about starting a series on my channel and I'm almost done planning it, so I'm really excited for that!

What or who inspires you and why?

I get inspired by people in the community the most. From big gurus, to smaller channels. A lot of people might think running a beauty channel is superficial, but I see them as a vessel for empowering women all over the world. There's nothing wrong in being passionate about this form of art - but I especially respect those who emphasize the importance of loving yourself in your bare skin and feeling as confident then as you do with a glammed out full face of makeup. That's a message that I would also like my channel to portray, which is why I make a point of starting every tutorial with a bare face that I love, imperfections and all. Smaller channels inspire me in the way they keep going and uploading content even though it's so hard to get your channel out there and reach a wide audience. 
 
What has helped your channel grow the most?

Probably the relationships I've formed with other content creators. I love supporting other people and most often those people reciprocate. Joining Facebook groups geared towards beauty channels has also been a major helping factor. Other than that, I'd like to think the videos themselves are a big deciding factor whether or not someone will subscribe.

What would you like people to know about you?
 
I use to be a very outgoing person but over the years I've grown more timid and I have cynical sense of humor. Some people who don't understand this about me might see me as off-putting. I know many prefer watching content creators who are bubbly and loud, but that's just not how I am and I'd rather be myself than pretend to be something I am clearly not - that would be counterproductive and exhausting.

Where you can find her:
Youtube
Blog
Facebook
Instagram
Twitter
Tumblr

See last months Hidden Gem.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Images by Freepik