Sunday, February 24, 2013

Why I canceled my Birchbox subscription

Back in December I told you that I was going to cancel my subscription to Birchbox and that I would explain why later. Sorry it took me so long, but here is my explanation. 

The main reason is that I am trying to save money. Last year I had prepaid for a full year, and I just could not afford to do it again.

Second, if you have watched my Birchbox opening videos you'll have noticed that the quality of the boxes have gone down quite a bit. Most of the products are either super tiny samples or just something I will not use. Yes, there is usually one product I am excited about, but not enough to justify spending $10 a month.

Third, I have so many samples to still try. I literally have a box full of samples that I would like to get rid of before I start adding more.

Fourth, I want to try other subscription services. My plan is to take a few months off and then try 3-4 other services. I am thinking of trying GlossyBox, Ipsy, and BeautyArmy.

What subscription services have you heard a lot about or tried and liked?

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Images by Freepik