Friday, November 16, 2012

Dry Shampoo Showdown


Over the past year I have been trying to find the right dry shampoo for my hair. I have very long hair that is fine. I don’t like to wash it everyday because it dries out my ends, but I have oily hair. I don’t want to have gorgeous hair one day and my hair be plastered to my head the next, which is why I have been on a quest. =)

Treseme
 I had heard so many great things about it and I really wanted to like it. I just don’t think it worked with my hair. It just made it feel thick and dirtier. It didn’t make my roots look less oily. I think it made my hair look worse. It may just not work with fine hair.

Grade: F

Batiste
I tried this one because it was meant for darker hair and didn’t leave as much of a white residue. It worked really well. It made my hair feel cleaner and it definitely looked less greasy. It was my favorite until....

Grade: A

Suave
I tried the Suave. This stuff is awesome! (You may remember me mentioning it in my August Top 5) Not only does it make my hair look clean, it makes it feel cleaner too! Plus, it smells amazing! Yes, it gives that white residue but it blends in really well. This is definitely my new favorite!

Grade: A+


What dry shampoo do you like?
Check out how to apply dry shampoo here.

7 comments:

  1. I have yet to find a dry shampoo I really like, but have you heard about the "no 'poo" method? There are a few different ways of doing it, but the most common method I have seen online is that people use a mixture of baking soda and water with a vinegar rinse to wash and condition their hair, but they only do that every few days. There is a transition period so hair gets oilier at first, but then it just becomes "normal". My interest in it is because of the chemicals found in shampoos and conditioners. If I can find some time when I want to be adventurous, I might actually do that as a challenge for my blog.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That sounds really interesting. I would love to hear how it turns out!

      Delete
  2. Love Batiste!

    sophie-said.blogspot.co.uk

    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Totally agree with ALL of these ratings! I did not like the Treseme at all, Batiste is okay and Suave is AMAZING! Found you on the Elle and Blair forum! New follower:)
    Brittney
    http://beautybybrittney02.blogspot.ca/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yeah Treseme was awful, waste of money.
    I liked Suave but I felt I used half the bottle in one use. Did you find that as well? At least it is super cheap so I can repurchase but I wish it had more of a longevity.

    Nice blog!

    -iasinicecream.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I didn't have that problem with the Suave. It just takes a little bit for my hair. =/

      Delete

 
Images by Freepik